PARKING, SEATING and FREE TROLLEY INFORMATION FOR THESE SPECIAL EVENTS :
- USAF Band Concerts: EVERY Friday night June 3rd- September 2nd at 8:00 p.m. (10 June Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.) Please bring your own lawn chair or blanket. No alcohol is allowed.
- ***Independence Day Concert Information***: Monday, July 4th at 8:00 p.m. The Memorial will temporarily close at 3:30 on 4 July for security preparation and will re-open at 5:00. The Parking lot on Southgate Road will open at 4:30. Southgate Road parking will be available until full and closed by Arlington County Police. Patrons can begin putting down blankets and chairs on the hillside beginning at 4:30. The Memorial will re-open for handicapped parking at 5:00 and the Memorial plaza will open at 5:00 for concert attendees. No chairs or blankets will be allowed inside the plaza before 5:00. Handicapped parking will be on a first come basis and we expect it to fill up quickly. No alcohol, grills, weapons or dogs of any kind are allowed. Service dogs with appropriate identification are allowed.
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 16th at 1:00 p.m
- Air Force Birthday Celebration Concert: September 16th at 7:00 p.m. (Drill Team performance at 6:30)
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th at 11:00 a.m.
Currently, the Air Force Memorial has a challenging parking situation due to
the demolition of the Navy Annex buildings and parking lot. However, a parking plan has been developed to accommodate our event visitors for the events above. There is
very limited regular and handicap parking at the Memorial. Active and physically fit visitors
can walk to the Memorial from the public lot on Southgate Road at Columbia Pike or from the Pentagon or Pentagon City Metro stops. Handicapped event visitors who park in the lot below can take the trolley to the Memorial.
- Pentagon Overflow Parking Lot- Hayes Street (across from Pentagon City Mall)- first come basis after 4:30 PM and on holidays. Please use trolley stop #2.
- Parking along Southgate Road and the lot at the base of the Air Force Memorial. Please use trolley stop #3.
Royal Trolley Tours and Signature Tours will provide free trolley transportation, which runs approximately every 10-12 minutes on a continual loop. Trolley stop locations:
Stop #1- Pentagon City Metro
Stop #2- The Corner of Army-Navy Drive at South Joyce Street at ART Bus stop 42/87
Stop #3- Southgate Road Parking Lot Area
Stop #4- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel at Orme Street and Columbia Pike
Trolley Run Times:
- USAF Band Concerts: EVERY Friday night June 3rd- September 2nd: 7:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.
- Independence Day Concert: July 4th: 6:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 16th: 12:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.
- Air Force Birthday Celebration Concert: September 16th: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Royal Trolley Tours & Signature Tours Vehicles will display a "FREE TROLLEY SERVICE TO THE AIR FORCE MEMORIAL" sign.