Special Event Parking and Transportation
PARKING and TROLLEY INFORMATION FOR SPECIAL EVENTS :
- The USAF Band Concert Series: Every Friday evening from May 29-28 August at 8:00 pm
- Independence Day Concert: July 4th at 8:00 pm
** 4 July Notice** Southgate Rd will be open during the day. The parking lot at the foot of the Memorial will not open until 4:30 pm. Band member parking will be from 4:00-4:30 and will require a plackard. Once the lot and Southgate Rd are full the Arlington County Police will close Columbia Pike at Oak Street and Joyce. Only the trolley, service vehicles and handicapped vehicles will be allowed access at that point. There is LIMITED handicapped parking inside the Memorial. Once the Memorial lot is full we will also have to turn handicapped patrons away. Metro is highly encouraged. See free trolley information below.
The Memorial plaza (inside the Memorial) will not open until 5:00 for chair and blanket set up. No glass bottles of any kind are allowed on the Memorial grounds. No alcohol. No grilling. No dogs unless they are registered service dogs with the appropriate documentation/vest.
- Pre- Concert Wreath-laying Ceremony Remembering and Celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the end of WWII: 14 August at 7:40
- Patriot's Day Remembrance Ceremony and USAF Birthday Concert: September 11th at 7:00 pm
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 18th at 1:00 pm
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th at 11:00 am
Currently, the Air Force Memorial has a challenging parking situation due to
the demolition of the Navy Annex buildings and parking lot. However, a parking plan has been developed to accommodate our event visitors. There is
limited regular and handicap parking at the Memorial. Active and physically fit visitors
can walk to the Memorial from the public lot on Southgate Road at Columbia Pike or from the Pentagon or Pentagon City Metro stops.
- Pentagon Overflow Parking Lot- Hayes Street (across from Pentagon City Mall)- first come basis (after 4:30 PM and on holidays). Please use trolley stop #2 from that location.
- Parking along Southgate Road. Please use trolley stop #3 from that location.
Royal Trolley Tours and Signature Tours will provide free trolley transportation, which runs approximately every 10-12 minutes on a continual loop. Trolley stop locations:
Stop #1- Pentagon City Metro
Stop #2- The Corner of Army-Navy Drive at South Joyce Street at ART Bus stop 42/87
Stop #3- Southgate Road Parking Area
Stop #4- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel at Orme Street and Columbia Pike
Trolley Run Times:
- Memorial Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: May 25th from 8:15-11:15
- The USAF Band Concert Series: Every Friday evening from May 29- 28 August from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Independence Day Concert: July 4th from 6:00 pm-11:00 pm
- Patriot's Day Remembrance Ceremony and USAF Birthday Concert: September 11th from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 18th from 12:30-2:30pm
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th from 10:30-12:30
Royal Trolley Tours & Signature Tours Vehicles will display a "FREE TROLLEY SERVICE TO THE AIR FORCE MEMORIAL" sign.