Special Event Parking and Transportation
PARKING and TROLLEY INFORMATION FOR SPECIAL EVENTS :
- The USAF Band Concert Series: Every Friday evening from May 29-28 August at 8:00 pm
- Patriot's Day Remembrance Wreath-laying Ceremony, Honor Guard Drill Team Performance, and USAF Birthday Concert: September 11th at 7:00 pm
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 18th at 1:00 pm
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th at 11:00 am
Currently, the Air Force Memorial has a challenging parking situation due to
the demolition of the Navy Annex buildings and parking lot. However, a parking plan has been developed to accommodate our event visitors. There is
limited regular and handicap parking at the Memorial. Active and physically fit visitors
can walk to the Memorial from the public lot on Southgate Road at Columbia Pike or from the Pentagon or Pentagon City Metro stops.
- Pentagon Overflow Parking Lot- Hayes Street (across from Pentagon City Mall)- first come basis (after 4:30 PM and on holidays). Please use trolley stop #2 from that location.
- Parking along Southgate Road. Please use trolley stop #3 from that location.
Royal Trolley Tours and Signature Tours will provide free trolley transportation, which runs approximately every 10-12 minutes on a continual loop. Trolley stop locations:
Stop #1- Pentagon City Metro
Stop #2- The Corner of Army-Navy Drive at South Joyce Street at ART Bus stop 42/87
Stop #3- Southgate Road Parking Area
Stop #4- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel at Orme Street and Columbia Pike
Trolley Run Times:
- The USAF Band Concert Series: Every Friday evening from May 29- 28 August from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Patriot's Day Remembrance Ceremony and USAF Birthday Concert: September 11th from 6:00 pm-9:30 pm
- POW/MIA Wreath-laying Ceremony: September 18th from 12:30-2:30pm
- Veterans Day Wreath-laying Ceremony: November 11th from 10:30-12:30
Royal Trolley Tours & Signature Tours Vehicles will display a "FREE TROLLEY SERVICE TO THE AIR FORCE MEMORIAL" sign.